Do you help out or provide care for a friend or family member?
We’re here to help you.
West Kootenay Boundary Caregiver Support is a free service. We provide tailored support for caregivers of higher-needs seniors living in the community. We help caregivers to prevent burnout and/or assist with recovery. Caring for someone is incredibly rewarding. It can also be taxing, exhausting and isolating. We are here to support you. In British Columbia, over 1 million people care for adult family members and friends. You are not alone.
How we can help:
- Toll free & confidential info hotline
- Help with day-to-day coping strategies
- Healthcare system advice
- Emotional support
- Home visits
- Local support groups
- Social activities
- Get information about what to do, whom to call, where to go
- Share practical ideas
- Access community resources
- Receive emotional support
- Learn coping strategies to deal with anger, guilt, isolation, and hopelessness
- Rediscover the joys of caring for a loved one
West Kootenay Boundary Caregiver Support aims to allow seniors to be supported and live at home longer. We want to help caregivers feel supported and coape better on a day to day basis so that they can rediscover the joys of caring for a loved one. We support caregivers to empower themselves through education.
We invite you to call us or send us an email